In today’s volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous business environment, Boards face an increasingly tough task. Recent reports highlight a number of challenges for Boards including the need to ‘find ways to understand and influence the factors which affect culture and behaviour’ and the need to contribute to ‘a suitably talented, diverse pipeline of directors ready to serve on Boards of companies’.
In order to address this extremely complex set of responsibilities, as well as respond to a wide range of stakeholders with competing requirements, Boards need to ensure sufficient leadership capability and capacity at all levels of their organisation.
Our leadership capability and succession planning practice supports Boards to do just that by partnering with Board members and other internal resources to:
- Develop a comprehensive leadership development and talent management strategy, including both core and accelerated talent development, which directs effort towards ensuring delivery against short, medium and long term business goals.
- Create a leadership framework and set of leadership development solutions that both reflect and contribute to the desired organisational culture. Targeted at the key leadership populations and including activities such as board and senior executive Induction and Development, our subject matter experts will design relevant and focused programmes to address business needs.
- Develop Strategic Succession Planning processes, including talent reviews, which address contingency, medium and long term business needs. These support key business activities and build a diverse pipeline of talent at all levels, especially succession pools for key roles, including future CEOs and Board Members.
- Assess prospective Board Members as well as Executive and Senior Leaders. We ensure a comprehensive and clear definition of role requirements and a robust assessment process leading to reduced error in decision making and identification of the best candidates with the right combination of knowledge, skill, experience and personal attributes.
We deliver integrated solutions that are anchored firmly in the business strategy and we facilitate the HR voice in the boardroom with relevant and clear reporting mechanisms that:
- Enable Board visibility of relevant talent data
- Link succession planning and leadership capability to strategy execution
- Inform critical decisions and Board evaluations
- Support communications to key stakeholder groups such as investors, customers and employees
To understand more about our approach and how we could help you please call Anne-Marie Rowson or one of our Leadership Capability and Succession Planning team on +44 (0) 20 3053 8630 or email email@example.com